Our well stocked lakes offer fantastic coarse fishing for pleasure anglers. A mixed fishery which includes F1 Carp, Barbel and Bream up to 2lb in weight. Relax, fish and enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
Our 3 acre specimen carp lake is stocked with Mirror and Common Carp. With over 60 double figure fish including carp weighing up to 35lb there's plenty of heavy weight fish to test your angling skills and make a red letter day.
Organise a match on our fantastic match fishing lake set in pleaseant surrounding and full of Carp weighing up to 4lbs. Superb sport can be enjoyed throughout the year for up to 85 anglers at any one time.
Stretching across approximately 100 acres of the picturesque Nottinghamshire countryside, Hayton Lakes fishery near Retford offers fantastic fishing for a variety of coarse fish.
All 7 lakes are available to fish on day tickets (excluding Gadwall) which can be bought on-site at the ticket office or on the bank. Each lake is very well stocked with coarse fish, ideal for the pleasure, match and big fish angler.
Day tickets, fishery opening & closing times
Kingfisher / Pintail / Little Grebe
> Full £7.00
> Concession £6.00
> Matches £8.00
Note: single rod only
Shoveler / Goldeneye / Widgeon
> Full £7.00
> Concession £6.00
> Additional Rods £2.00 per rod (max 3)
Note: no matches
> £20.00 per year
> £10.00 per day
> £20.00 24 hours
Note: Pre-booking is essential and sessions run as gate times.
Child day ticket prices are eligable up to the age of 16. Concessions are eligable for men and women over the age of 60.
Fishing times vary throughout the year depending upon sunrise and sunset, call or message us directly via our Facebook page using messenger if you want to check.
Our on-site ticket office currently offers toilets facilities and hot or cold water should you wish to make a drink or top up your flask.
Retford is just minutes away if you need more supplies!
Travelling to Hayton Lakes
From Retford take the A620 heading East towards Clarborough. After passing Morrisons supermarket on your left hand side, take the fourth turn left onto Tiln Lane. Continue along Tiln Lane for approximately 1/4 of a mile and then turn right onto Smeath Lane, continue along here for a further 1/4 mile until you see the Welcome to Hayton Lakes sign then turn left into the fishery complex.
These rules are for your protection and the protection of the fisheries.
- Children under 16 years of age MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- All anglers must keep to the banks of the fisheries.
- No dogs or radios permitted.
- Any anglers fishing with litter in the immediate vicinity of his or her swim will be banned from the fisheries.
- Carp over 3 lb are exempt from keep-nets (except for matches).
- In-line feeder method only.
- No dog or cat meat allowed.
- Ground bait in pole or cup feeder only.
- Floating baits on hook only.
- Barbless hooks only.
- All nets must be dipped at Hayton Lakes.
- If using keep-nets, they must be emptied within 5 hours.
- All fish to be returned alive to the water.
- Fishing times are ‘Dawn till Dusk’ or as stated on notices.
- All cars and their contents are parked and left at the owner’s sole risk.
- We accept no responsibility of any kind for the safety of any persons holding a fishing ticket or for injuries to third parties resulting from the action of an angler. Anglers shall be held to have accepted all the risks in any incident, to the exercise of the right of fishing conferred by the ticket and shall have no claim against Hayton Lakes on the account of any accident or damage however sustained.
Specimen Carp Lakes Rules
These rules are specific to Gadwall, our specimen carp lake.
- Minimum 12lbs breaking strain main line
- Minimum 36" landing nets
- Each angler must use a carp cradle or padded unhooking mat with every fish caught
- Each angler must have a carp care kit
- All fish snap-offs MUST be reported to a bailiff
- No braided main line to be used
- Barbless or micro-barbed hooks only
- When night fishing, each angler must vacate pegs by 8:00 am on the date their session expires
- Each angler must present their rig for inspection when asked to do so
- No fish are to be retained under any circumstances and must be returned to the water as soon as possible
- Each angler is responsible for the condition of thir peg and must take all litter home after their session
- Any cancelation must be made no later than 48 hours before the session
- All anglers fishing on Gadwell Lake must hold a valid membership card
- Gadwell Lake operates a strict booking policy, anglers cannot just turn up to fish
- Whilst fishing, all anglers must stick to their peg boundary and must be spaced out at least 1 peg in either direction
- No nuts baits to be used at all
- Visitors are not allowed to the pegs unless with prior permission
- Anglers caught breaching these rules will be asked to leave the venue and not return
All enquiries should be directed to Hayton Lakes fisheries managers:
Toby: 07508 903078
David: 07957 920444
Or message us directly via our Facebook page using messenger.