Our well stocked lakes offer fantastic coarse fishing for pleasure anglers. A mixed fishery which includes F1 Carp, Barbel and Bream up to 2lb in weight. Relax, fish and enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
Our 3 acre specimen carp lake is stocked with Mirror and Common Carp. With over 60 double figure fish including carp weighing up to 35lb there's plenty of heavy weight fish to test your angling skills and make a red letter day.
Organise a match on our fantastic match fishing lake set in pleaseant surrounding and full of Carp weighing up to 4lbs. Superb sport can be enjoyed throughout the year for up to 85 anglers at any one time.
Stretching across approximately 100 acres of the picturesque Nottinghamshire countryside, Hayton Lakes fishery near Retford offers fantastic fishing for a variety of coarse fish. All 7 lakes are available to fish on day tickets which can be bought on-site at the ticket office. Each lake is very well stocked with coarse fish, ideal for the pleasure, match and big fish angler.
Day tickets, fishery opening & closing times
Open Matches £7.00
6.30 am until Dusk
7.00 am until Dusk
Child day ticket prices are eligable up to the age of 16. Concessions are eligable for men and women over the age of 60.
Summer fishing times apply from 01 May through to 30 Septmber. Check the board situated next to the ticket office for dusk closing times which vary throughout the year.
Our on-site cabin and ticket office currently offers toilets facilities and hot or cold water should you wish to make a drink or top up your flask. Retford is just minutes away if you need more supplies!
We have plans, over the coming months, to improve our facilities and offer a full shop and cafe.
Travelling to Hayton Lakes
From Retford take the A620 heading East towards Clarborough. After passing Morrisons supermarket on your left hand side, take the fourth turn left onto Tiln Lane. Continue along Tiln Lane for approximately 1/4 of a mile and then turn right onto Smeath Lane, continue along here for a further 1/4 mile until you see the Welcome to Hayton Lakes sign then turn left into the fishery complex.
These rules are for your protection and the protection of the fisheries.
- Children under 16 years of age MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- All anglers must keep to the banks of the fisheries.
- No dogs or radios permitted.
- Any anglers fishing with litter in the immediate vicinity of his or her swim will be banned from the fisheries.
- Carp over 3 lb are exempt from keep-nets (except for matches).
- In-line feeder method only.
- No dog or cat meat allowed.
- Ground bait in pole or cup feeder only.
- Floating baits on hook only.
- Barbless hooks only.
- All nets must be dipped at Hayton Lakes.
- If using keep-nets, they must be emptied within 5 hours.
- All fish to be returned alive to the water.
- Fishing times are ‘Dawn till Dusk’ or as stated on notices.
- All cars and their contents are parked and left at the owner’s sole risk.
- We accept no responsibility of any kind for the safety of any persons holding a fishing ticket or for injuries to third parties resulting from the action of an angler. Anglers shall be held to have accepted all the risks in any incident, to the exercise of the right of fishing conferred by the ticket and shall have no claim against Hayton Lakes on the account of any accident or damage however sustained.
All enquiries should be directed to Hayton Lakes fisheries managers:
M: 07508 903078
M: 07957 920444
Match bookings are now been taken for 2019, call for more information and to book a date.
We will start taking bookings for 2020 on 1st September 2018.