Please abide by our rules which are for your protection as well as that of the fishery and respect other anglers / members of staff.
General fishery rules
These rules are for your protection and the protection of the fisheries.
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- All anglers must keep to the banks of the lakes.
- No dogs or radios permitted.
- Any anglers fishing with litter in the immediate vicinity of his or her swim will be banned from the fisheries.
- Carp over 3lb are exempt from keep-nets (except for matches).
- In-line feeder method only.
- Barbless hooks only.
- All nets must be dipped at Hayton Lakes.
- If using keep-nets, they must be emptied within 5 hours.
- All fish to be returned alive to the water.
- Fishing times are ‘dawn till dusk’ or as stated on notices.
- All cars and their contents are parked and left at the owner’s sole risk.
- We accept no responsibility of any kind for the safety of any persons holding a fishing ticket or for injuries to third parties resulting from the action of an angler. Anglers shall be held to have accepted all the risks in any incident, to the exercise of the right of fishing conferred by the ticket and shall have no claim against Hayton Lakes on the account of any accident or damage however sustained.
Specimen carp rules
These rules are specific to Gadwall, our specimen carp lake.
- Minimum 12lbs breaking strain main line.
- Minimum 36″ landing nets.
- Each angler must use a carp cradle or padded unhooking mat with every fish caught.
- Each angler must have a carp care kit.
- All fish snap-offs MUST be reported to a bailiff.
- No braided main line to be used.
- Barbless or micro-barbed hooks only.
- When night fishing, each angler must vacate pegs by 8:00 am on the date their session expires.
- Each angler must present their rig for inspection when asked to do so.
- No fish are to be retained under any circumstances and must be returned to the water as soon as possible.
- Each angler is responsible for the condition of their peg and must take all litter home after their session.
- Any cancelation must be made no later than 48 hours before the session.
- All anglers fishing on Gadwell Lake must hold a valid membership card.
- Gadwell Lake operates a strict booking policy, anglers cannot just turn up to fish.
- Whilst fishing, all anglers must stick to their peg boundary and must be spaced out at least 1 peg in either direction.
- No nuts baits to be used at all.
- Visitors are not allowed to the pegs unless with prior permission.
- Anglers caught breaching these rules will be asked to leave the venue and not return.
Fishing bait rules
- No cat or dog meal baits
- Ground bait to be fed in pole cup feeder only
- Floating baits only as hook bait (no lose feeding)
- No nuts based baits of any kind